The Benefits of Pilates
"Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness."
Regular practice of Pilates can have the following benefits:
- Improved mobility and flexibility
- Reduction in aches and pains - in particular back pain
- Greater muscular strength and endurance
- Improved joint stability and ability to perform daily tasks
- Improved strength and endurance of the pelvic floor muscles
- Improved core stability and abdominal strength, leading to lower incidences of injury.
- Improved co-ordination and balance, helping to prevent falls.
- Reduced stress levels and increased wellbeing, energy and vitality
- Improved postural alignment and muscle tone
- Improved sporting performance
- Lengthens and stretches the body to make it look leaner
- Increased body tone including buttocks, thighs, arms, shoulders, arms
- Can help correct muscular imbalances and kyphotic or lordotic postures